Bovine Collagen Peptide
Collagen peptide is a white odourless powder, neutral in taste and easily soluble in cold liquids. The collagen peptide is made by hydrolysis process from type I collagen.
The same collagen as that found in human bones and skin.
It is a natural product containing more than 94 % protein (on a dry weight basis), contains 18 amino-acids, including 8 out of 9 essential amino-acids.
It is characterized by the predominance of glycine, proline and hydroxyproline, which represent around 50 % of the total amino-acid content.
This specific composition of amino-acids provides collagen peptides with functional properties that cannot be found with other protein sources.
- Excellent solubility
- Stable against food acids
- Brilliant clarity
- No precipitation or floculation in liquid applications
- Low viscosity
- Neutral in taste and odour
- Nutricosmetics: skin health is the cornerstone of the “Beauty from Within” movement.
- Cosmetics: collagen peptides products for topical personal care applications.
- Food Bars: collagen peptides improve texture in hi-protein formulations.
- Beverages: dry-mix and ready-to-drink beverages are an ideal platform for collagen peptides.
- High-Protein Foods: little impact on food texture, with improved texture found in protein bars.
- Sports Nutrition: stable protein in readyto-drink formulas with minimal impact on overall flavor profile.
- Tablets: the powders can be used in direct compression applications.